The very best stories we’ve covered on Sartorial.Soccer have come from our friends and guest contributors.
Each football fan has his or her tale of their favourite shirt and what it means to them.
Suggestions from supporters tell so much more than we ever could about the emotional link fans have to their favourite kits and we only wish we had more hands to bring them all to these pages!
Please join us now as we doff our caps, raise a glass and say cheers to all our special Sartorial.Soccer guests from our first year in the game!
- Nigel Johnston for the inspiration behind this rundown of Six of the Best Northern Ireland Shirts
- Andrew Kingston for giving us the scoop on The Holy Grail of Hatters’ Shirts
- Graham at The North Curve for his help with Club Classics: Jambos’ Hearts in the Right Place
- Special thanks to our dear friend Matt Powell for bringing us his love of the classic Hummel, Holsten & Hoddle Tottenham Hotspur Shirt
- Wigan Athletic super-fan Steve Halliwell for telling the tale of The Three Amigos’ Shirt
- Sal Ortiz for taking Sartorial.Soccer stateside for The Five Star Galaxy Sash
- Our most recent shout goes to Paul Patrick for Band of Gold: The Legendary Boca Juniors Shirt
We’re working on lots more!
As well as all of those above, we give special thanks to:
- Simon “Shakey” Shakeshaft and the team behind The Spurs Shirt book
- Dr Christopher Stride for allowing us to share the results of his team’s academic study into how, why and when adults began wearing football shirts
- Paul at Footballkitbox.com for all his help and support and by extension, our kit heroes at Wanderers, St Anthony’s, Gbagada FC and Caversham United
- Ernie Stobbs and the talented team at STINGZ
- Ian Senior at SK Kits – we can’t wait to see the new releases for 2019-20!
Even further than that! There have been so many friends and followers on social media who have contributed ideas for shirts to cover through Twitter and Facebook – Thank You!
If you have a shirt you’d like us to feature on Sartorial.Soccer, we would dearly love to hear your memories of the kits you’ve either loved or loathed.
We want to see your suggestions for:
⭐ Classic Kits
⭐ Crap Kits
⭐ Your Favourite Five Kits
⭐ Kit of the Week
⭐ Classic Crests
They can be new kits or old kits, club kits or international.
Tell us about the heroes and villains, the moments of agony and ecstasy, and the way those colours make you feel.
Whether you want to submit a full article, a picture or simply a suggestion we would love to hear from you.
So over to you, get involved!
Remember you can connect with Sartorial Soccer on social media:
Follow us on Twitter: @SoccerSartorial
Like us on Facebook: @SartorialSoccer